Sunday 15 July 2012

New Project....A Taster.....

Well, this week i have been struck down with feeling rather under the weather, but it hasn't stopped any photography progress.  In fact, things are almost snowballing!
Maybe not quite image making, but ideas and creativity have been rather keen to make themselves shown the past week.

To make this a quick update and just a hint of the project ahead....I'll explain it simply.

1. Found a bunch of old negatives slides that belonged to my Grandfather two years ago.  Chances are they haven't been looked since many years before he died.  Unfortunately, there was no slide projector in sight.

2. I visited a bootsale on the off chance of picking up some decor for my new photography studio when I stumbled upon a lovely vintage slide projector!
The man selling it was quite old but to my surprise, didn't actually know what it was.  I paid £7 for it and got the carrying case with that too.  Bargain.  Felt like it was meant to be.

A lovely find


3. On my way home, I couldn't wait to get to a power socket to try the thing out, but I remembered to stop at an old abandoned house on the way home.
I wanted to stop at the house as I had been here easily 10 times before and knew there were some nice vintage signs left getting dusty.  It seemed a sin for them to sit there any longer!
So, i went to the house and one of the garage doors was open.  It had always been closed before.  Curiousity got the better of me and I took a peak inside.

It was a pretty normal garage.  The usual bits and pieces left behind getting rusty and a wide range of creepy crawlies had set up camp.  Nothing that exciting.  I quick scan around I found a few letters, mostly dated 1970.  It was nice to be able to put rough time and a possible name to the person who lived there.
I had photographed two hats that were left on a shelf over a year ago and had always wondered who they may have once belonged too.

Aside that, I turned around and sitting, looking right at me (no, not a spider) but a rotary slide tray for negative projectors!  I couldn't believe it and instantly was intrigued.
I thought about it for a few minutes then picked up the box and opened it.  It was like new under the layer of dirt.

Upon opening the box I saw that every gap in the holder was filled.  It contained photographs!  I could hardly contain my excitement as I just LOVE old images and the mystery that lies behind them, especially in this case.  

4. I made the decision (which probably upon reflection, was not the right thing to do) to take the slide holder.........

My inspiration to a new project.
 

The rest is to follow :)

However, it will be similar to my last previous project "Then & Now" - Check my website for info:


1 comment: