Wednesday 21 March 2012

Quick Update! - Current works

Hey guys,

Just thought I would hop on here and give you all a quick update on the blog, my works and other items in progess!

I have quite a few projects on the go at the moment.

The first and main one being, adding more to my works on Urban Exploration. 
My Final Major Project the end this year in college will be based around this - so needless to say, it is the priority at the moment.
I am hoping to travel out to Chernobyl, Ukraine over the next couple of months for a documentary photography project there.
I will be working alongside photographer Jan Smith, you can check out his website here:


He has done some really nice work on abandonment around the globe.  Jan also writes a blog that is definately worth a look at and read, it includes his own imagery along with his writings.
Check it out here:



Other projects include various photo shoots on location for models.  This will be keeping the creative part of my brain on fire!  I hope to get a few lessons up on lighting on location also during these shoots - along with some photographs to show you how some images are created.  So expect a lesson on that during April.

Another project that I'm beginning (with much fustraion so far) is going to be a series of 4 sets of Polaroid images.  
Progress has been slow on this one and also costly, as sourcing worthy Polaroid film is a costly task, but once I find a few that give results, then that project will be fully in the works.

I'm heading to a lecture tomorrow in The University of Ulster, Belfast - The talk will be hosted by Sean O'Hagan and is titled "A Photographic Story."  I'm looking forward to this and will hopefully get a review up on the blog before the end of the month.

As for the future, there is one exhibition being displayed in Belfast that I'm really looking forward to seeing - "Open Shutters of Iraq" by Eugenie Dolberg is opeing in the Belfast Exposed Gallery on Thrusday 10th May 7-9pm.  This one is definitely on my list!


As for updates of my own images, check out the Flickr page here:

There's some black and white film work I have just submitted, along with some Polaroid tests and a few others from being out and about in Northern Ireland.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment