Friday 30 March 2012

Old Photographs

So!  After unearthing a lot of old photographs, (and I mean a lot) - I have decided to do a post every few days of one of the old photographs.

I'm one of these photographers that is constantly fascinated and amazed at old photographs.  They always leave me wondering.
Who the people were, why they were their, where are they now, are they alive, are they dead, who was standing behind the camera, what was their reasons?
All the questions and chances of getting an answer often, very slim!


So, with that, here is the first image :)  Martin Parr - Eat your heart out!




I love the vibrant colors in the image, the curtains, the shirts, along with the ice-cream and the lady eating it.
It's has classic, Martin Parr written all over it.
Snapshot, color photography.  Showing part of society frozen in time.

I hope that these entertaining and intrigue you as much as it does to I!

Lengthly postings have been slow lately (and I apologize) as I have been busy working on several projects at once and will be doing so until May.  BUT, I will keep you updated and hopefully get a lesson of sorts up after all the hard work is done.

Until then, enjoy some of this vintage imagery! 

No comments:

Post a Comment